MID-MISSOURI PHOTO CLUB BY-LAWS
ARTICLE I - NAME
This organization shall be known as the “MID-MISSOURI PHOTO CLUB”.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
The purpose of this club shall be the enjoyment, mastery and furtherance of photography
through cooperation, effort and good fellowship.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
Any person interested in photography may apply for membership.
ARTICLE IV - MEETINGS
1. Club meetings shall be held monthly.
2. The members present at any meeting shall constitute a quorum.
3. At Executive Board meetings a simple majority shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE V - FINANCE
1. Yearly dues shall be set by the Executive Board at the October meeting
2. The Fiscal Year shall be from January to December
3. Monthly reports will be given to the members by the Treasurer
ARTICLE VI - NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
1. The Nominating Committee shall:
Consist of three (3) club members that are not on the Executive Board who
are appointed by the President
Receive nominations of people that have been a club member for at least
one year prior to the election, for elective offices by the October meeting
Obtain consent of all candidates to serve, if elected
Submit the names of at least two (2) candidates for each elective office
A. Shall be held annually at the November meeting.
B. The officers shall be elected for a term of one year
C. The President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer are to be elected yearly
D. Shall be held by written ballot
E. Additional nominations may be made from the floor
F. There shall be no voting by proxy
G. A majority of votes shall be necessary for the election of officers
H. The newly elected officers shall assume their duties the following year at the
I. Outgoing officers shall within thirty (30) days following the election, deliver to
their successors all materials pertaining to their respective offices
ARTICLE VII – VACANCIES
1. Vacancies in club officers shall be filled by the President, subject to the approval by the
2. Vacancy of the president’s office shall be filled by advancement of the Vice President.
Revised 26 February 2011
Page 1 of 5